I know, I know — we are all gathering in DC next week to talk the important talk, move the needle and make it happen. And we will!
It is the United State of Women Summit after all and we are creating change. Yes we are. But if this lovely social media access has done anything, it has brought us all closer. And what my nearest and dearest asking about the time in DC — you know they are: food, libation and getting around. So thanks to Medium, here you have it too — Julia Beck’s inside line on a week of being all about DC.
- Find me— let’s hug, coo and remind each other what important work we are doing. If you have not shared your story on the It’s Working Project — please do. We will spend the week featuring those we see along the way — so make sure your story is up and live.
2. Find a rooftop — we love a good rooftop here is DC. POV is my favorite view but perhaps my least favorite staff — if a good challenge is your thing then go for it. And really the striking panorama is worth the ‘tude (maybe). I am a fan of Marvin (food, vibe and not too precious) as well an old school moment at Perry’s. If the Watergate should open ASAP I would make the dash — history plus scenery is never a bad thing.
3. Use UberX — black cars are too silly expensive and our metro is under some sort of super-overdue fix-up…just X it.
4. Dine Al Fresco — barring crazy afternoon storms — days in conference halls and government buildings call for late days outdoors enjoying the elements. Add in good bites and libations and you will be just fine. My vote is alwaysIron Gate. If you are feeling like carbs and money are no object, Fiola is another perfect bet. The sidewalk at Mintwood makes me happy, always AndBlue Duck is a corner, with a fountain and with a much loved menu. Ella’sPizza, Doi Moi and Lincoln all offer tables that promise to get you back to feeling the love.
5. Quick Fix — Blue Mercury is all over town — stop in and get yourself back in order — that is why they are there.
6. Traffic — plan on it — simply put.
7. Thank you for being here — for your commitment, spirit and passion. We can’t wait to part of this moment together.